Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Zucchini Crescent Pie

I didn't take a picture (but I should have!). Dacia is a much better blogger than I am! This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've made this recipe and I tweaked it a bit this time and I liked it a lot better.

4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced (I had a HUGE zucchinie, so I cut it into fourths before thinly slicing)
1 cup onions, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup margarine or butter (I used about 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup chopped parsley or 2 T dried
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t garlic powder (I used garlic from the fridge and just added a bit)
1/4 t basil
1/4 t oregano (I didn't measure any of the spices, I sprinkled a bunch of Italian Seasoning on and then some salt and pepper)
2 eggs, well beaten
8 oz grated mozzarella (didn't have this, so I subbed grated colby-jack)
1 can crescent rolls

Cook zucchini and onion in butter in a 10 inch skillet until tender (about 10 minutes). Stir in seasonings. Blend eggs and cheese, stir into vegetable mixture. Press crescents in 12x8 pan or 10 inch pie pan. Pour in vegetable mix. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes until knife in center comes out clean. You can cover crust edges with foil for last 10 minutes to keep from getting too brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

NOTE: If you are making this for Joe, be sure to add a hunk of meat on the side.

Anya and Aaron both loved this!!

1 comment:

princess jen said...

I made this again for dinner tonight--we all love it so much. I made some changes based on what I had. I had a pack of mushrooms that needed to be used, so I put those in and left out the mushrooms. I used an Italian seasoning blend and some Mrs. Dash. I didn't have the crescent rolls either but I had a refrig. pie crust that I subbed instead. I had to cook it about 6 minutes longer, but it turned out super yummy!