Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fall Ratatouille

I received an eggplant and a red pepper in this month's co-op and I was looking for something interesting to do with it. Ratatouille is one of Anya's favorite movies right now and I thought this recipe would be great. As I was making it, I was a little nervous as to how it would taste. The answer? Delicious! I even had a friend over later and she had some and loved it as well!! NOTE: Joe will not like this and if you feed it to him, he will not be your friend anymore. Unless you maybe serve it with a side of roast beast!

1 medium eggplant, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 thick slices
1 medium red pepper, cut into 1/2 thick slices
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 thick slices
1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
1 can (16 ox) diced or stewed tomatoes, undrained
2 T Parmesan
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella (I recommend more!)

Mix eggplant, onion, red pepper, zucchini, and dressing in a large skillet. Cook and stir on medium high heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Add tomatoes; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

This recipe courtesy Kraft Foods--2006 Calendar, October

No comments: