Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Pie

I know, I know... enough already of Pioneer Woman's stuff... but it's so good! We made this pie and I have to admit that it was a bit too rich and chocolatey for me, but even I know a good pie when I eat one... and this is some good chocolate. Be forewarned... it has raw eggs in it. But they didn't kill us. Heck, we didn't' even get sick. And it's so, so good. And you eat cookie dough all the time... there's no difference, right?

Go here for detailed, picturesque, fun instructions.

2 sticks regular butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
1 baked pie shell

Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then mix in cooled melted chocolate. Add vanilla and mix. Turn the mixer to medium speed, then add in the four eggs, one at a time, mixing for 4 to 6 minutes after the addition of each egg. Scrape sides of bowl once during mixing. Pour into the cooled pie shell and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. And like I said, it's very, very rich so I had to cut it with some (lots) of whipped cream. But it was totally worth it!

No comments: