Thursday, October 2, 2008

No bake lemon peach pie

1 graham cracker crust (or make your own, by mixing grated graham crackers with sugar and melted butter and press into a desired cake pan. I wanted to press it into one of my glass pie plates, but they were both missing... I wonder who made off with them... Dacia??? Alysia??? So I used my 9inch square pan, worked too, and the pieces ended up much smaller.
1 8oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk (works fine with soymilk)
lemon aroma
2-3 T lemon juice
some peach or apricot juice, no more than 1/4 cup (that's my addition)
3-4 peeled sliced peaches
1/4 cup apricot jam (I used raspberry-peach... yum)
1/4 cup raspberries.
1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped with the sugar

Beat cream cheese with the lemon juice and aroma, the milk and the apricot juice. You can actually whip it and it will get quite stiff. Gently fold in the whipping cream. Chop 2 cups of the peaches and fold in. Pour into the crust, decorate with remaining peach slices and raspberries, melt the jam and spoon over the peaches. Refrigirate for as long as you can stand it, then dig in.

No comments: