Friday, May 1, 2009

Garlic Cheese Bread

I got this recipe from one of those copy-cat recipe books. This is supposedly the Black Angus Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe. I don't know how much this recipe tastes like the stuff from Black Angus, but it is so good! I'm made it twice now, the first time following the recipe exactly, and we thought it was too much topping. So, the second time, I halved the recipe and it was just perfect for my two halves of French Bread. I thought it was much better with less, so those are the instructions I'm posting. It's similar to Pioneer Woman's Olive Bread, also posted on the site, but without the olives for all you olive haters out there.

1 loaf french bread
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese (I just used a pizza blend here.. couldn't find Asiago that day at the grocery store)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced


1. Split french bread loaf into halves horizontally.

2. Mix butter, cheeses, mayonnaise, green onions and garlic in a bowl, blending well. Spread the
cut side of bread with spread.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, then place under broiler about 3 minutes longer. (I found mine needed longer under the broiler to get that nice broiled look... more like 5 minutes. Just watch it carefully) Cut into slices and serve.

1 comment:

sunshine smiles said...

I just want to eat my computer screen b/c this picture of the garlic bread looks deeeeelicious!!! can't wait to try it!