Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fresh Peach Pie

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 T (heaping) corn starch
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
6 whole peaches, peeled and sliced
1 whole precooked 9 inch pie shell

Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk until combined. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thick and almost hard to stir. Remove from heat and add butter, stir until melted and combined. Add peaches and gently fold to coat. Pour into precooked pie shell. Refrigerate for 4 hours to set. Top with whipped cream and serve.


I pulled this recipe from tastykitchen.com. So incredibly delicious!! I wanted to horde the whole thing for myself. I forgot to add the butter and it still tasted wonderful. I also didn't bother with the whipped cream.

1 comment:

Mythreesons said...

My friend brought this for dinner group a couple weeks ago. I ate the entirel pie, myself. Seriously. The entire pie. With whipped cream. But seriously, Jen... where are the pictures!!! No more posts until you add pictures. Hmph.