Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. I was in the mood to try something a little different (well, different from what I make time and time and time again...) Well, I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand for this and it hit the spot! I love when you try a new recipe and it turns out yummy the first try!

I actually halved the recipe and it was just right for myself and Joey.

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds beef chuck roast (I used some leftover Roladen meat that was already sliced thin)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 ounces butter (I used half a stick)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef broth
  • 1 teaspoon prepared mustard ( I used a little bit more to taste)
  • 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup white wine (I used chicken broth)
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • I also added a bit of Wooster sauce for taste while it was simmering

Directions
  1. Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper and marinade in beef broth for 30 minutes or so (if you want to).
  2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly, then set beef broth aside and add the onions to the remaining liquid in your pan and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes.
  3. Stir the flour into the juices in your pan. Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and stir in mustard. Add the beef strips back to your mixure and cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
  4. Five minutes before serving, stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, and white wine (chicken broth). Heat briefly then salt and pepper to taste.
This is so yummy!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

princess jen said...

This was very yummy when you made it for the family. Good job Dacia!