Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fried Rice


This was such a good recipe!! I found a few different ones again and just combined it the way I wanted with the ingredients I had on hand. I originally wanted to do Ham Fried Rice, but I didn't want to buy ham. I love shrimp, so I did that instead. I bought the little cooked shrimpies, but they weren't deveined. Let me just tell you how gross it was to devein them!! I had shrimp poo under my fingernails and it was just icky! So, my advice is to use ham or buy shrimp that is already deveined! At least it was really yummy though. :)

The other funny thing is, I never know how much rice to cook. Never. I ALWAYS make way too much. You'd think I'd learn. This was for dinner group, so I figured one cup of uncooked rice per couple. Ya...that was a bit too much. I didn't think the rice would tripple in size!! Oh well, lesson learned. We'll now be eating rice for the next week. You think I can freeze cooked rice?

Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked basmati rice prepared according to directions
1-2 c. peas and carrots frozen veggies
little shrimpies (or whatever other meat you want to use)
eggs- I used one egg for every cup of cooked rice I had
Soy Sauce
Fried Rice seasoning packet - yes, I totally cheated! I found it in in the Asian/Mexican food aisle at Smiths and it was pretty cheap.

Directions:
Prepare rice according to directions and set aside.

For Shrimp: Heat wok and add 1 T. butter. Saute your shrimp until done. Add the veggies until no longer frozen. Set aside.

Add some oil to your wok and then add the eggs. Cook/scramble until done. Add your meat (shrimp) and veggies and mix around (yes, that is the technical term- mix around...)

Then add your rice and stir until combined. Once that is mixed togther, add your seasoning packet and some say sauce. Mix around and voila! You're done!

This was soo goood! And pretty easy. The ony bad thing is that I'll be eating rice for the next week. Enjoy!

No comments: