Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Creamy Lime-Cilantro Ranch Dressing

I found a recipe way back when for the dressing used on Salads from Cafe Rio/Costa Vida. Although it didn't taste the exact same, it was pretty close. But I found it was kinda hit and miss; sometimes it was good and other times it just wasn't. I love their dressing, but I love Bajio's best.

Well, this recipe is the closest I have ever come! We made the salad for dinner tonight and it was so dang good! This dressing had a little bite to it, but it was so good! And even the little munchkin liked it! Now I just need to find a recipe for everything else they put in their salads. I found a super good chicken marinade, but nothing seems to be as juicy as their stuff all is. Oh well. I will perfect this someday!

Here is the dressing recipe that I found on Our Best Bites.

1 pack (1oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1C mayo
1/2 C milk
1 lime
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 C roughly chopped cilantro
1/4 C green salsa
hot sauce

This recipe is pretty tricky...dump it all in the blender and mix until combined. Don't add the hot sauce until you taste how spicy the dressing is. I used a green salsa that was quite spicy, so it didn't need any of the hot sauce.

Once it's combined, give it a few hours in the fridge before using it to allow it to thicken a little bit. Then enjoy over a tasty salad or as a dip.

No comments: