Friday, March 9, 2012

Strawberry Surf Rider Smoothie (like Jamba's)


I am a huge fan of Jamba Juice. I love their fruit smoothies! My absolute favorite is their Strawberry Surf Rider. It's just the perfect combination of strawberries and tart lemon flavor! I love it! I've been trying to recreate it since I don't really want to pay 6 bucks for it every time I need a fix. I've fiddled around for awhile and this is as close as I've gotten. And ooooh, is it good!

Here's what you'll need:
2 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
3 large scoops of Lime or Raspberry Sherbet (I found some Pomegranate Tangerine Sherbet at my WinCo and it was SO good)
1-1 1/2 c. limeade
7-8 peach slices (I used canned peaches)

Combine all the ingredients in your blender and mix until smooth. The limeade amount will vary- you just want it to be thick enough to be smoothie, but not too runny. So start with 1 c. and add more as you need it or to get your blender to mix well.


My picky eaters loved this! As I was taking pictures, Ellie insisted that her cup be in the picture too, so there ya have it!

Enjoy!


1 comment:

lexorjoy31 said...

This smoothie is mouthwatering. I am inspired by your blog on making one for myself. Thanks for that interesting idea. Keep posting. best countertop blenders