Friday, April 27, 2012

Strawberry Limeade


I am loving all the delicious strawberries in season right now. They were on sale and I bought a few packages...like 6. Yum! I already made the Strawberry bundt cake and I've been looking for more recipes that use fresh strawberries so I can use mine up before they go bad. Alysia found this one for me and suggested I try it. It was really good. I made a little modification and thought it was delicious. It's the perfect addition to summer dinner (or Spring, in our case).

Here's what you'll need:
3 c. fresh sliced strawberries (about 1 lb.)
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. fresh squeezed lime juice
4 c. cold bubble water (Club soda or sparkling water)

What to do:
Slice your strawberries and mix them with the sugar. Then use a potato masher and squish 'em really good. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.

Once they've sat for a bit, use an immersion blender or a blender to remove all chunks.

Run this mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove all the seeds. Then mix it with the 2/3 c. lime juice and 4 c. of bubble water.  Serve cold and Enjoy!



No comments: