Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Best Salad...EVER...Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad


I saw this recipe on Pinterest a while back and thought it was THE best salad ever. My family started eating it a few times a month- which is big. There are very few recipes I make more than once a month!  This is the best salad- especially for those hot summer months when all you want to eat is salad.

The recipe is from Lauren's Latest, but when I went back a few months ago, she had changed the recipe. So I adjusted it back to the way it was originally- since I need it to make more and I don't like like using half a can of anything in a recipe (what do I do with the rest!?)  Enjoy!

Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
Source: Lauren's Latest

What You'll Need:
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
1 head Red Leaf Lettuce, chopped
1 green or red pepper, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 can corn, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, diced (optional)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped finely
Doritos or tortilla chips

Dressing:
1/3 c. mayo
1/3 c. plain greek yogurt
1/3 c. sour cream
1 T. Ranch seasoning
1 T. Taco seasoning
Milk- to reach desired consistency

What to do:
For the dressing, combine the ingredients together and add milk until you reach your desired consistency. Test it to see if it needs more taco seasoning- if you add too much milk, you will definitely want more Taco seasoning.

I always boil my chicken breasts with a little taco seasoning and then stick them in the mixer to shred them- it's super fast and easy.

Chop up all your salad ingredients and toss together. Crumble Doritos on top and top with the dressing.

Enjoy!

No comments: